With all the angels who filled the sky so long ago, we lift our voices, our Father, to proclaim your praise and say, “Glory to God in the highest heaven!”
You are worthy of praise because you are the everlasting Lord.
You are worthy of praise because you are the King that outlasts – and is far above – all earthly rulers and leaders.
You are worthy of praise because you do great and mighty things for our good and your glory.
Lord Jesus, you have taken on yourself the weight and shame of our lostness and sin and delivered us from it by your great grace.
You are worthy of praise because you give us life and all the good things that go with life.
- Treasure – a treasure greater than the gifts of the wise men – Jesus, you are that great treasure to us.
- Mercy – undeserved but without which we would be doomed – Oh God, we have life because of your mercy.
- Peace – O how we thank you for peace – in the midst of our storms – no matter how desperate our circumstances – Jesus, you give us peace as you give us yourself.
- Joy – joy that we have hope beyond the trials of this life – joy that comes in knowing the hard times here have meaning and purpose – Jesus, you are the giver of true joy.
- Love – real, genuine, self-sacrificing, never-ending, love – not matter who we are or what we have done – O God, how we are amazed by your love.
You have given all who believe in you the privilege of being your children.
Born to raise the sons and daughters of earth
Born to give them second birth
We are children of God – yes, we are!
We are chosen and not forsaken
You are for us and not against us
You have given us a true home – a place in your house – in your kingdom – so how can we not shout with a loud voice from a full heart –
- “Let us adore Him!”
- “He alone is worthy!”
- “We’ll give you all the glory.”
Father, thank you for sending Jesus to be the Savior of the world. Thank you for receiving us as your children.
Jesus, thank you for coming to be our Savior and help us know the truth about God. Thank you for living the life we could not live and paying the debt we could not pay.
Spirit of God, thank you for helping us to know our Messiah Jesus, and to receive Him as our Savior and Lord and Treasure.
We celebrate this season because of you!